Re: [TenTec] Corsair II?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II?
From: Jay <aj4ay@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:34:51 -0500
Steve Berg wrote:
> I am seriously thinking of replacing my trusty Argonaut II with a
> Corsair II as the IF rig in my VHF station.  Might anyone on the list
> have a working Corsair II that they would be willing to sell?  I do not
> need a museum quality specimen, but just one that works well.  I do not
> need a power supply, just the radio, and possibly an outboard VFO.
> Price and availability?

Steve,

I just this week replaced my working Corsair II station and was looking
to sell all of it.

The Corsair II S/N is 580-01754 and has the 1.8 and 500 HZ filters
installed.  There is also a 250 HZ filter that is included "as is".  The
center crystal on this filter went bad and has been replaced with a
jumper wire.  It works quite well but it does not have the original 250
HZ bandwidth.  The good thing about it is it also does not have the 12
dB insertion loss.  A W7FG copy of the manual for the radio is included.

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing that I am aware of that is
wrong with the radio is the crystal switch does not make good contact in
position 1 (250 HZ filter).  I have to thump it with my finger to make
the switch contacts close.  Cosmetically, the front plate is perfect
with no visible scratches and no loss of lettering.  The right and left
side skins have small places on the rear edge where there is missing
paint.  There are some ding marks on the left edge of the cooling fins.

Using my scope and a 100 watt TT dummy load, I measured the peak sinal
and converted that to power.  There is at least 85 watts output on all
bands.  Not very scientific but it works.

I also have the external VFO model 263, S/N 26300636.  Operationally, it
is a 10 of 10 and cosmetically is a 9.5 of 10.  There is some visible
scratching on the left side of the case.  I have used it quite a lot in
the QRP fox hunts to work split.  Included is a W7FG copy of the manual.

I can supply pictures of both units as needed.  I am asking $345.00 plus
shipping for the Corsair II and 105.00 plus shipping for the external
VFO.  To ship, I would take the units to the local UPS store and have
them wrap, box, and ship them, either by UPS or USPO.

Let me know if you would like pictures or need more information.

Jay
AJ4AY
Mobile, AL

PS - I have the TT 260 power supply with manual for $115.00 plus
shipping and the 705 microphone with paperwork for $50.00.