Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and non TT Amp

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and non TT Amp
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:07:02 -0500
Ah, so true.  Therefore should one set the exciter drive level for say 40
watts to drive the amp to legal limit.  Then without changing the drive
level, the ALC will do its job.  In most solid state radios today, the RF
drive level is actually an internal threshold value of ALC voltage.

73
Bob, K4TAX