Re: [TenTec] Anyone using W2ihy products on omni 6 with goodresults?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Anyone using W2ihy products on omni 6 with goodresults?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 19:14:01 -0500
>From one that has, for quite a few years, sat behind the console in a major
recording studio, I will attest to the fact that fixing a poor sounding mike
with EQ simply leaves one with a poor EQ'd sound.  If the operators voice
doesn't sound like Don Pardo then adding a bunch of EQ still won't make it
sound like Don Pardo.   Some operators have a great voice and will sound
good.  Most of us will not be able to achieve that result.

If one starts out with bad audio, then it will always be bad regardless of
the EQ or processing that is applied after the mike.  Ya can't make a silk
purse out of a sows ear.  I don't object to the W2IHY products. What I do
object to are those operators that do not need or understand how to use EQ
and processing.

I think Dennis has found the solution, buy it, try it, and then put it in
the cabinet for the next hamfest flea market.

73
Bob, K4TAX