Re: [TenTec] Using a comptuer microphone with a Triton 4 (544)

To: <kd3jf@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using a comptuer microphone with a Triton 4 (544)
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:55:21 -0600
I have had the same experience as Mike, N4NT, with the Atlas and comparing a
10D to a D104 mike.   The D104 seemed to have a better punch with my voice,
when chasing DX, or Field Day.  Don't know if it was unique to the Atlas, as
I remember the D104 bringing unsolicited comments of "good Audio" with my
Kenwood TS 450.  And again, the D104 won out used on the Ten Tec Scout.
This is the original D104, without the preamplifier in the base.

-Stuart
K5KVH