Re: [TenTec] OT: RFI from Plasma TV?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: RFI from Plasma TV?
From: Martin Ewing - AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:54:19 -0500
Bernie,

 From what I've read and heard, "plasma" TVs have a lot more potential
for RFI generation than LCD and projection types.  I.e., they switch
higher currents at RF rates.  On the other hand, the plasma problems can
be engineered out.  Maybe they've learned something by now. (The FCC
Part 15 regs are not much protection for weak signal HF work.  Remember
BPL?)

For what it's worth, I've had a Sony Bravia LCD TV for a year now, with
no RFI trouble with my Orion.  (My old VCR/DVD player did cause trouble
until I chucked it.)

This is a topic for the rfi@contesting.com list!  Suggest QSY.

73 Martin AA6E