Re: [TenTec] Ground Connection Thread

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ground Connection Thread
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:03:22 -0600
On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 21:26 -0600, atrampler@att.net wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Do you know what the thread is for the Ten Tec ground connection on a
> Centurion?  The one I got did not have one...I picked up a 10-24 wingnut and
> to my surprise it did not fit, but it does not look 1/4".
>
> Thanks,
> Art, K0RO

10-24 is stove bolt thread. electronics tends to use 10-32 or 12-28, but
10-32 is most common. Hardware store may not have 10-32 wing nut though.
Measure it with a ruler, #10 is 3/16" diameter. Take one of the supplied
hex nuts and fit it to a screw in the hardware store to identify the
thread.

73, Jerry, K0CQ