Re: [TenTec] balun noise?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] balun noise?
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:51:39 -0800
It does work and it's *much* better than a scramble wound coil but it
still has a much lower reactance (and no loss) compared to a ferrite
current balun.

W8JI made some measurements on sleeve, solenoid and scramble-wound
baluns

<http://www.w8ji.com/Baluns/balun_test.htm>

But "costly ferrite-cores"?

I really don't think $9 to $18 (depending on coax size) is
"costly" (e.g. as a kit from Palomar).

<http://www.palomar-engineers.com/Balun_Kits/balun_kits.html>
<http://thewireman.com/baluns.html>

You can get the beads cheaper from some of the major distributers: $6
+ shipping?

See my post:

<http://mail.qrp-l.org/pipermail/qrp-l_qrp-l.org/20070929/006170.html>

and the rest of that thread.