[TenTec] Some Ten Tec rigs for sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Some Ten Tec rigs for sale
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:53:56 -0500
Greetings!!

Going though the piles and decided I would really like to get a Omni VII

so, before it goes to the bay by the shore..

1. Omni D   $275 + shipping

This rig was a project from hell! It is now working and works just
great with TWO bugs still kicking around.

First during re-assembly, I got the phones and Mic connectors
installed in the wrong holes. So the mic needs to be plugged into the
jack that says phones...I am just too lazy to remove all the knobs,
and re-install the jack in their proper location.  But kinda of gives
the rig character!!

second.. the display will every now and then loose the presets. Does
NOT effect operation of the rig, it's just that the display no longer
says 7.125. You still see the 125, but with the preset missing, you
don't see the "7."  I've been running this rig for months and have
not had it fail. But once or twice a year it goes wacky. Turn it off
and leave it sit for a while and it's fine. I suspect a cold solder
joint someplace on the counter board. ( I had to rebuild it!)

2. Argonaut II  $350 + shipping

I am the original owner. Excellent cosmetics including the front
panel. There's spot of paint missing on the edge of one corner. It
was back to its home for a check up and new back light way back when.

I am sure I have the manuals... it will take some digging

if anyone is interested,, pop me an email (off list!)

Mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced