Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PTO Problems

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PTO Problems
From: Bob Towers <mm0rkt@beeb.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:21:04 +0000
I had warble problems on my Corsair II.

I got the rebuild kit from TenTec and did it in about 2 hours. The
grease in it was all hardened and black, so it certainly needed it. It
didn't cure the warble, so I did it again a number of times. I could do
a clean-up and re-grease in just over an hour.

It turned out it wasn't the PTO which was causing the problem. The
warble was only on certain bands and eventually - with some help from a
K5 - I traced it to a dirty track on the band offset pot. A squirt of
switch cleaner did the trick.

73

Bob Towers
MM0RKT