Re: [TenTec] PTO sticking issues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO sticking issues
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:28:27 -0600
Another view on the sticky tuning of the PTO: That is if the knob isn't loose
up and down, then the PTO only needs to be cleaned of the old sticky grease.

Towards that end:
I have had great success bathung the PTO mechanism in "Tri-Flo" bicycle chain
lubricant. It is a Teflon oil that sticks very easily to the slow moving parts
of the PTO. The last time I used it was just two years ago and the PTO is
still flawless. Nothing in the PTO to hurt that I can find. I have squirted it
in the PTO until it has washed out all the old grease, and let it drain onto
newspaper over nite before reassembling. By then it is well lubed. Lots easier
than a rebiuld, unless you are a purist.
 Has anyone who has tried this method found any fault i.e. components value
changing, I haven't.
73 de Dave in NH