Re: [TenTec] TenTec Corsair II 561 or antenna issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Corsair II 561 or antenna issue
From: Bill Cotter <n4lg@qx.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:55:46 -0500
The symptoms sound like RF feedback via the microphone circuit.
Since the problem just started occurring, look for disconnected
cables, loose connections, corrosion, etc. The dummy load test
suggests RF on the feedline, tuner or antenna is getting back into
your rig.

In addition to checking the mic cable shield and the coax cable to
your antenna tuner, make sure your station's RF ground is short and
low impedance. That it connects to the rig, tuner, power supply and
ground.

Whether you use a #0000 cable or copper foil or whatever, a
suitable DC ground (one or more rods) and an RF ground (radial
counterpoise lines away from the shack) at the end is important.
Make absolutely certain the ground line is NOT a 1/4 wavelength at
any frequency.

73 Bill N4LG