Re: [TenTec] Fw: Ten-Tec gear for sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: Ten-Tec gear for sale
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:59:34 +0000
Dennis OConnor wrote:
> An Omni 6 (Model 563) with the  6+ option is still a Model 563...
>   A factory Omni 6+ is a Model 564...
>   Having both I know the difference...
>   And while the 'optioned' 563 works electrically as well as the 564, it is
> not mechanically the same, also the master oscillator is different.....
>   The price is different also...

The master oscillator *may* be different.  Before I sold it to obtain an
Orion, my Option 3 went back to the factory for service.  While it was
there, the original crystal oven unit was swapped for the TCXO.

The point is, I don't think anyone is trying to fool anyone.  Ten-Tec
did call the option 3 the upgrade to Omni VI.  Yes, the price is
different.  I've not noted any cases of fraud over the issue.

If I found myself in the market for an Omni VI Plus, I'd have no qualms
about grabbing an Option 3 563 with TCXO and saving some money.

Dave Heil K8MN