Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <qskqrq@grics.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:29:28 -0600
David

Keep up the good work.  CW can be easy and fun but lots of folks seem to
want to make hard work out of it.  Been pounding brass now nearly 70 years,
a lot of those years as my life's work.

Slow CW is ok up until one knows the alphabet, from then on should be no
slower than 25 WPM.  One can leave space (Farnsworth) but keep it at at
least 25 at least.

Reason for that, makes it much easier to move on up.  In old days we did not
have the means of sending faster cw than one could put out with hand key.
Consequently most stuck with the DIT  DAAH  method, and stayed that way.

Listening to CHARACTERS and then making them into a word is so much harder
than just listening to WORDS.

Achieving approximately 55 wpm is not all that hard, its about the speed
where you start listening to words, and even phrases.  Am speaking
conversationally, not necessarily traffic handling where accuracy is of
course important.

 Spending lot of minutes of a QSO and all you have found out is the fellows
age and how long he has been a ham.  Whopee

QSK is another must as far as I am concerned.  Dont use push to talk on
telephone so no need to do so in ham radio.
Lyle W9FCX