Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:04:22 -0600
Bill,

You clearly don't recall the update stream when both of the Orions were
introduced.  OF COURSE the new one's developers have put out multiple
updates since early December.  There are apparently a lot of bugs to fix.
How many of these things are actually in the hands of users?  A few tens
maybe?  This is nonsense.  Revisit your comments in a couple of years about
how fast and furious firmware updates are coming.

I'll say it again, on the T-T list the early rate of firmware updates is
referred to as "the developers have an IQ of 35, are just stupid, and they
can't get it right" and on the new one's list it's "progress".  Doh ....

I've adopted nihilism as the only rational approach to the discussion of
"who's on first".  I go back to my earlier comment about being completely
soured on the whole stupid business.

"Who's on First" is a comedy sketch, not a way of life.  Just takes a while
for it to soak in :)

Enjoy.

Regards ... Grant/NQ5T

NNNN