Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:34:41 -0800
Hmmm...might give that a try...
One of my future projects is to incorporate a neck loop (an inductive
amplified loop one wears around the neck) that is made to be used by tele
coils in hearing aids. Mine also has a little condenser mic built in.
I want to be able to plug in the loop to tv's, telephones, rigs or whatever
has an audio jack.
It already works very well with either my hf rigs....will do some work with
getting it to be used as a rig's mic with a ptt switch.
Have tried any mumber of headphones..but they, with the exception of my koss
quiet zone noise cancelling headphones, they just don't work for me....can't
use them with the aids as the pressure from the ear muffs really hurt my
ears with the aids in. If I try to use the headphones without the aids, then
have to crank the volume up so high that I get headaches after a while. The
Koss's are a lot better in that respect....
Guess could incorporate a condenser mic and boom with the Koss
headphones....
Wonder how well those wireless headphones work? Anyone? Any of them come
with a mic?