[TenTec] A tad off topic...solar updates

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] A tad off topic...solar updates
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 04:47:43 -0800 (PST)
Ummm, how's about using my method?
  Turn on the radio and tune across the band...
  If all you hear is static and a couple of guys 200 miles away the band is
short...
  If you hear the fish net beacons the band is open to medium distances...
  If you can hear a UR7 breathing as he is tuning up, the band is OPEN, baby...,

  As you can tell from my comments I don't think much of propagation
forecasts...
  I have had terrible contests when the forecast was for fantastic
propagation...
  I have had great contests when the forecast was for bad conditions...
  I have had contests where the propagation was bad/great at different times
during the weekend...
  And I really miss cycle 19 ....  Where is the wayback machine when you need
it?

  denny / k8do

denny / k8do