Re: [TenTec] question

To: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] question
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 23:01:22 -0800
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:39:34 -0600, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:

>Since they all share the same neutral and ground there
>are no ground loops or current differential issues.

Yes, this is an excellent technique, and I strongly recommend it.

BTW -- the thing that is important is the having same SAFETY GROUND
point, not the neutral. It is the AC voltage difference between the
"green wires" at different outlets that causes shield current, resulting
IR drop in the shield, and exciting pin 1 problems, both of which couple
hum and buzz.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC