[TenTec] LDG tuner in O II?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] LDG tuner in O II?
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 05:22:21 -0800 (PST)
Two years ago I bought the AT200 Pro... This was for CQWW where I needed an
extra tuner on a multiplier antenna... The O2 internal tuner was off because I
was switching between multiple antennas on the same band at the same
frequency... Most antennas were resonant and the one wasn't, so adding a  tuner
so that antenna looked resonant was the simple answer that didn't involve me
remembering to push switches at 3AM to match the selected antenna...  OK, so
that's how it came to be here...
  After that contest the antennas changed again <as always> and it didn't have
a job anymore.. So it has been relegated to buffering the output of the Omni 6
/ SGC500 into an all band vertical <piece of crap, but handy for multiplier
hunting>...  The SGC puts out 600 watts when goosed, so I have had to be very
carefull. But by carefully increasing the output of the amp until the 250 watt
bar on the AT200  'just' lights up it has survived and thrived now for some 18
months...
  The bonus is the large power bars are readable 20 feet away, so the tuner
sits on top of the wall mounted amp and I can look across the shop as I tune
and operate and still read the 'meter'....
  On direct comparisons the SGC tuner seems to have a bit wider matching range
than the Orion 2 tuner...

denny / k8do