Re: [TenTec] Argosy II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy II
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:56:19 -0800 (PST)
Welcome Bill N3WM,
   Glad to see "wants money" on this list. Say Hi to all my
friends in CCARC and stop by to see me if you get down this way.
   On the Argosy II, I never modified mine before I sold it but
had all the modification parts ready to go. If you buy the dual
control from TT for the Scout you can use it to do the
modification the correct way. However, if you use the attenuator
when the rig starts to overload you can get away from the RF gain
mod. I find with the Jupiter that the attenuator works better
than turning down the RF gain.

73 Jim K4CGY
Charlottesville, Va