Re: [TenTec] OMNI6 PLUS Alignment procedure needed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI6 PLUS Alignment procedure needed
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:33:28 -1000
Putting it on the bench and checking it out, without making any
(internal) adjustments is a good idea. A log of power output and power
supply current draw on every band, would be good data for comparison, if
at some later date performance drops. Same thing goes for receiver
sensitivity and audio output power with given signal level input, if you
have the equipment to do it. Also frequency checks.

If I went through all of that and found the TX frequency to be 100 Hz
off, I think I'd have a real hard time resisting the urge to adjust it.
At that point it would be really nice to have the information about the
BFO adjustment and the 20 MHz oscillator on a single page.

DE N6KB