[TenTec] Last Mentioning FOR SALE: Ten-Tec Hercules 444 with PowerSupply

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Last Mentioning FOR SALE: Ten-Tec Hercules 444 with PowerSupply - Very Nice!
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 04:09:14 -0800

First of all thanks to those who provide this reflector for our sharing
of information. This is the second and final time I will list this item.
The Omni-C station sold and the Argosy is awaiting payment. Only the
Corsair II station remains (check back a few days for details).
_______________________________________

FOR SALE:

Ten-Tec Hercules 444 and matching power supply (110 or 220... wired for
220). [This is NOT a Hercules II]

Also includes

- Nice original Hercules 444 manual
- Molex connectors and multi-wire shielded cable to create interface
cable to Omni-A, D, or C transceivers (I will include cable used with
Corsair I or Corsair II for full-break in operation).

This amplifier is a real workhorse. I have used in numerous times as a
part of a no-tune contest run station as well as for everyday SSB or CW
with my Corsair II (also for sale... see note below). Depending on the
band it outputs
well over 500 watts. Two fans... one slow speed that you can barely hear
and a higher speed fan that only comes on when the amp starts to heat up
(rarely every hear it). Unlike so many of the Hercules 444s that show up
for sale, this one is nice... original knobs, illuminated rocker
switches, illuminated large meters... all great. This amp is really very
'display quality'. I can send you a few photos of the amplifier in my
station.

Sell as a package only for $550 plus shipping (two boxes). [There is a
much less cosmetically interesting Hercules 444 on the auction site at
it is already up to $510 with 4 days to go... so my pricing is good.]

Prefer PayPal but will accept money order. Cash if local pickup.

You don't see these Amplifiers to often and rarely in this quality. Act
fast as I will auction in 4 days.

WHY AM I SELLING? I've been asked why am I selling my older Ten-Tec
equipment (I still have my Orion and Pegasus which I will not sell)...
The reason is mostly practicality. I am a tinnitus sufferer which means
I have continuous 'ringing' in the ears. It seems that my tinnitus
becomes more noticeable when I am receiving a beat of 750 Hz as compared
to say 450 Hz. There is a big difference.... the older transceivers have
a locked offset of approximately 750 Hz and I find them more fatiguing
as time goes forward. On the other hand my Orion, Pegasus, and FT-100D
are all adjusted to 450Hz and are very pleasant. The Hercules 444 is
attached to the Corsair II (for QSK) and without the Corsair II the
Hercules 444 needs to find a better home.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT
510 325-7724

--