[TenTec] Omni VI XTAL OSC problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI XTAL OSC problem
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:45:26 +0000
Hi folks,

I have an Omni VI which just developed a severe "warble" on Tx and Rx,
but only on 160m. I assumed the problem must be with the 160m crystal
(or associated components) on the Xtal Osc - LO Mixer board.

Thinking the crystal may have aged towards the limit of the loop control
range, I just adjusted L12 - the inductor associated with the 160m
crystal - and it now seems OK. I adjusted L12 to put the loop control
voltage close to the value seen on all the other bands; it had been much
higher.

Does anyone know if this is the right procedure? And does anyone know
what the loop control voltage should be adjusted to?

Grateful for any help.

Steve G3TXQ