Re: [TenTec] funny display symbol on paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] funny display symbol on paragon
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:57:28 -0500
Sounds like you may have the Geihl chip in that radio, which is a nice
upgrade. The Geihl version provides band-stacking registers to allow
instant changes to the last frequency and mode used on each band by
pressing the number pad keys, among other improvements, and that is a
transmit indicator you see. You can confirm the version of the chip by
pressing SHIFT then pressing and holding the ENTER button and the
version info will appear on the display.

=Vic=
WA4THR