[TenTec] Frequency Misalignment Between VFO A and VFO B

To: Tentec Contesting List <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Frequency Misalignment Between VFO A and VFO B
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:32:23 -0600
For some  time, I've noticed what seemed to be a very slight
frequency misalignment between VFO A and VFO B when in the binaural
mode (A in one ear and B in the other).

On my O II it's noticeable even in the noise as what sounds like a
beat note in stereo phasing when both VFOs are tuned to the same
frequency. Last night, I chased this down and found that VFO B is
about 6 Hz lower in frequency that VFO A. This isn't a terribly big
deal, but is there a way to align the two, or are the master
oscillators different so that the two drift around slightly as a
matter of course?

Kim Elmore, N5OP