[TenTec] Dial lamps ..

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Dial lamps ..
From: jacrux <jacrux@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:31:51 +0000
The bulbs in my Hercules II were overly bright. I added a wire wound resistor
in series. End of problem. Note that the standard 9420 PSU  has limited
capacity for running dial lights as well as the power relays.. Its in the
manual......you need the specified low current bulbs, or as I had to do when
the switch-on transformer failed, use a heftier transformer and a 2 amp
regulator bolted to the case. I also used a couple of diodes in series with
the ground leg of the regulator to give something nearer the target voltage
and to make sure the relays pulled in ...
Yes, very unprofessional, I know, but hand carrying a 9420 back across the
Atlantic to Sevierville was too much. I did it once with the Herc itself
though and I got the usual super service.
John  G3JAG.