Re: [TenTec] FS: Orion II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: Orion II
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:02:02 -0600
When I worked at Motorola in the 1970s, I frequently worked on the Mocom
line where they made Metrum 2 meter FM radios, and Triton VHF marine
radios.  The Tritons had a glossy white plastic case that showed
fingerprints readily.  We had a VIP tour coming in one day, and the
supervisor (wearing gloves) buffed a Triton to a high gloss to show it
off.  When the tour came through, one of the managers picked up the
glowing radio, and got finger prints all over it, making it look pretty
tacky.  I caught the look on the face of the supervisor, and if looks
could kill, that manager would have been a smoking cinder.  It is easy
to get finger prints on radios, but not so easy to buff them off.

Steve WA9JML