Re: [TenTec] Power supplies

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, "Tim Randa" <tranda@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power supplies
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:06:47 -0800
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:47:41 -0600, Tim Randa wrote:

>is there really any advantage one has over the
>other? I'm looking for a power supply to match my Omni VI plus.

TenTec radios run quite nicely from plain vanilla 13.8V power
supplies. The only thing the TenTec supply adds to the equation is
some overload protection, but reasonably careful operation of the
radio, combined with rather robust design of the radio by TenTec
makes that a luxury rather than a necessity.

FWIW -- the only Ten Tec transceiver power supply I own is an
ancient one that I bought with my first TenTec -- a brand new Omni
A. I gave the Omni A to a new ham quite a few years ago, but still
own the power supply. It's for sale to a good home. :)

73,

Jim K9YC