Re: [TenTec] Orion III (was: Orion firmware gripes!)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion III (was: Orion firmware gripes!)
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:08:39 -0500
Yeah.  I do a lot of contesting with the Orion in SO2V (as Bob just
described) and also in stereo diversity to take advantage of different
reception characteristics of multiple antennas.  (see n1eu.com for
lots of sound clips etc)

I probably listen to both receivers in stereo about 95% of the time.
On 160M, I listen to two Beverages at once to hear in multiple
directions.  It's amazing how much garbage comes through on the
subreceiver when there are strong stations up and down the band.  Of
course it's also amazing how clean the main receiver is when there are
strong stations up and down the band, and this is partly responsible
for making the subreceiver look so bad.

73,
Barry N1EU