Re: [TenTec] 242 VFO Problem...

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 242 VFO Problem...
From: Rick Williams <ve7asr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:28:05 -0700 (PDT)
I believe you can replace the MPS6514 with the very
common 2N2222.  The NTE replacement for the MPS6214 is
NTE123AP while the 2N2222 is NTE123A.  The only
difference is the case type.

The mpsu01 is quite old and not very common but it can
be replaced with the ECG188 (also tough to find).  The
ECG188 is often on a well known auction site.

Good luck.

73,
Rick
VE7TK

From:   "Louis Ciotti"
Date:   Thu, 27 Mar 2008 06:54:56 -0400

Hi thanks for the info everyone.  I guess I should
have been more accurate
and asked if anyone had cross references for the
parts.  The 3 to-92 parts
are old Motorola part numbers MPS6514 (Mouser has this
one) MPSU01 I have
not found a source yet.

As for the internal MOD, my serial number is high
enough that it should not
need the MOD.  However I guess it would be safe to
pull the cover off and
check it.