Re: [TenTec] Hercules II amp/p.s.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules II amp/p.s.
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:14:22 -0700
tuner between it and most antennas. The TenTec 229 and 238 tuners are excellent
choices.

Operation is pretty simple -- turn off the amp, put the radio in tune mode
(where
it's putting out a carrier and low power), tune the antenna, then take it out
of
tune mode, switch to operate, and bring up the power until the lights indicate
the desired output power.

I've used my Herc II on both CW and SSB with an Omni V, K2, K2/100, TS850, and
FT1000MP. Not a cough in a carload. I've never heard a negative comment about
this amp.

73,

Jim K9YC