Re: [TenTec] spark plugs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] spark plugs
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:51:01 -0600
On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 08:14 -0500, Paul DeWitte K9OT wrote:
> Yes automotive plugs have resistors in them to suppress the tvi. However some
> small engine plugs also have resistors in them. They will have an R in the
> model. I use Champions so maybe some other brands do not have this ID.
>
> Paul
 The only sure check is an ohmmeter. Some lines of Champion plugs have
air gaps in the plug body to increase the coil voltage for use in old
engines burning oil. Most vintage tractor owners now despise Champion
plugs as finding them fouling easily and not cleaning at all. As
production shifts off short quality of many plugs has fallen. The raw
material and production quality control is not good.

73, Jerry, K0CQ