Re: [TenTec] 228 tuner info

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 228 tuner info
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:28:21 -0400
k8bbm@srt.com wrote:
>  Hi, have couple spare 228 tuners, never been very thrilled with them
>  - thinking of cannibalizing for projects - cant find paperwork,
>  anybody take a stab at the balun core value? want to use one for an
>  "unun" saw in the IC703 yahoo group
>
>  thanks Dave K8BBM

Dave,
 Just my personal pet peeve, but I hate to see (presumably) working
equipment cannibalized. Just a respectful suggestion: Why not sell the
tuners to those who will give them a good home and then use the monies
received for purchasing the parts needed for your home brew project? You
may find out that you end up with the parts you need and money left
over. A win-win for everyone.

73,
Carter  K8VT