Re: [TenTec] Omni D series B

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni D series B
From: Mike <ka2v@roadrunner.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:27:27 -0400
Hi Paul
Tnx ,I'm finding it out now about the drive setting,I went thru all the
diodes on the swr board and pre drive board,Two were bad on the swr
board,thus low receive,receive is fine now.i set r21 down abit it seemed
set too high from previous owner peaking at over 20 amps now it is
around 17 18 amps on transmit.....great radio on the receive and on cw
wow....ssb too is ok,i realize it is not like my Kenwood TS-50,but I
really think the receiver on the omni-d has a more pleasing receive
audio,clearer more natural sound to it...I got this radio as a wim or
play with radio here in the shack,really nice condition except for a
ding on the lower corner bezel metal band.quite stable too.

tnx Mike