Re: [TenTec] Omni 546 C: CW filter questions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 546 C: CW filter questions
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:35:18 +0000
You've got t great rig. My first TenTec was an Omni D series B that blew away
my Kenwood 930S/AT. I've had nothing but TenTec since.

As for filters, I've used the TenTec's 217, 218 and 219 with great results. You
can find them on the web for $65 or $70 shipped. Or, if you want one badly
enough, you can go to the famous auction site and pay even more.

Easiest thing is to post a request for one on this site and you'll get an offer.

The InRad filters are great, but are twice the cost. My personal advice is go
for a 217, If you like it, try a 219. I have both in each of my Omni VI's and
VI+. Both work great. I often run the 250 and it's fine, though my 64-year-old
ears may not hear the ringing if it exists. Either way, you can try it for $65
or $70 and if you don't like it, you can sell it in a day on this site.

Dave
WA3MKB

From: Marinus Loewensteijn <mjloewensteijn@hotmail.com>