Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Remote Operation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Remote Operation
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 13:42:18 -0400
As far as I know, that can't be done for within the Ten Tec One plug
interface.

There are options I have seen that will allow control of external
devices via the www. Nothing by ten tec, but some third party companies.

the one thing that kinda of bugs me via control by the www is this.
If you transmit into a bad antenna, no antenna, or wrong antenna, the
Omni VII will overcurrent and shut off. You can't restart the rig via
the software, so you're basically screwed..

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced