Re: [TenTec] Lowest loss matching an antenna for my Argonaut 509

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lowest loss matching an antenna for my Argonaut 509
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 21:32:33 +0000
You see, this is what ham radio is, or at least used to be, about. The
variables are so broad that there is no simple answer. So, the ham should build
an 'L' network and try it and make measurements. Then rearrange the components
and measure again. And on, and on, and on. Much of the joy is in solving the
problem and gaining in knowledge as we do it. Experiment a lot. No one will
have the exact answer as no one has exactly your situation. Yes, many, like
Jerry, will offer great advice which is an excellent place to start
experimenting, but only you can come up with the best answer for your situation.

Dave
WA3MKB

From: "Bill Ames" <billa@aob.com>