Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:38:38 -0400
Jim WA9YSD wrote:
> How much power in watts or milliwatts does it take to interfere with the TV
> with an outside antenna when operating HF?   How much with cable TV?
> Lets say that the outside antenna and cable TV is in an urban area.
> Neighbors house is say 75 feet from the base of the ham tower.

Jim:

The answers are simple:

If there is a bad connector or jumper cable, RF ingress will occur, the
question of how much wattage is moot.

If the TV antenna is near or in the radiating field of the radio
antenna, interference will happen.

Time to try repairing/filtering devices/methods to eliminate the problem.

If you are just looking for figures based on technical theory, read a
book.

May I suggest you go to another forum that can really help you:

tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net

you may have to register just like you did on this reflector.

Ron
"the 516 is a keeper"