Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:53:36 -0400
In the real world this doesn't often happen.

I run legal limit out here, and none of my several neighbors have TVI.  They
have, variously, VHF old fashioned TV antennas, or older C band satellite
antennas and boxes, and new DirecTV antennas and boxes.  None of their
phones are affected either.

I have low pass filters on my rig, and extensive grounding, as well as
filtering provided (small amount) by antenna tuners.  No other special
affects.

I'd think that you can operate in the great majority of cases problem free.

When there are problems, the tutorials mentioned are great sources of help.