[TenTec] service

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] service
From: matthew martin <w8mjm@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:51:51 -0700 (PDT)
I bought a new Pegasus when the first came out.  After
two months of use the finals went out so I sent it to
Ten Tec for repair.  Turn around time was only two
weeks.  After thirteen months the finals went out
again  so back to Ten Tec it went.  This time Paul
told me that I would have to pay for the repairs
because it was one month out of warranty, I protested
and we settled that I would pay for one half of the
parts and labor.  I also owned an ICOM 746 pro at the
same time and after two years of almost constent use
the drivers went bad so I shipped it to ICOM for
repair.  Not only did they repair it at no cost they
paid the return shipping.  Turn around time was about
two weeks.
Last summer I traded the Pegasus for a Corsair 11 that
Ten Tec had.  Ten Tec checked out my trade and sent me
a letter telling me that I was being charged two hours
labor to solder a wire that had never been soldered,
causing the power to drop off.  I used the Pegasus for
eight years and the power never dropped off.  IF the
wire had never been soldered it was the fault of Ten
Tec quality control.  The Corsair 11 that I traded for
drifted worse than an old Swan so I quickly unloaded
it.
In January 2008 I was in the market for a new rig.
The decision was a no brainer, I bought an ICOM 756
Pro 3.  I based my decision on the service and
customer relations of Ten Tec and ICOM.  Ten Tec got
me twice but never again.  I LOVE MY ICOM.