Re: [TenTec] 4CX1600B

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 4CX1600B
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:56:41 -0700
With these tubes in such short supply, it may be necessary to modify the amp
to run different finals.  My guess would be a pair of GU74b's, which would
require a bit of metal work in the box, but they run off the same filament
voltage and similar plate voltage.   Some photos inside the chassis
(http://www.hamradiomarket.com/Articles/TenTecTitan%20II.htm) suggest that
there might be enough room to squeeze a pair in.

Word is that the GU74b's may be going into short supply soon, too.

         Ron Castro
 Chief Technical Officer
    Results Radio, LLC
               N6IE