Re: [TenTec] TT Colour schemes

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Colour schemes
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:23:09 -0600
On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 16:29 +0100, Steve Hunt wrote:
> I have a Corsair II, an Omni VI, a Hercules II, a 238 ATU, a 260 PSU, and a
> 263 Remote VFO all sitting alongside one another on my operating table.
> Only today did I notice the subtle differences between them in colour
> scheme!
>
> For example the "smoked plastic" which covers the digital frequency
> readout is brown on the Corsair II and black on the Omni VI. The plastic
> "end cheeks" either side of the front panel are dark grey on the
> Corsair II, but brown on everything else. The plastic bezel behind the
> tuning knob is dark grey on the Corsair II and brown on the Omni VI. The
> differences are subtle, but noticeable.

Different display devices need a different plastic filter to hide the
hardware but still pass the light from the device. That makes a
considerable contrast improvement. But the plastic's perceived color
will be different for different colors of light source.

> Anyone else noticed? Or am I colour-blind :)

Colors of Corsair I and Corsair II are quite a bit different so their
accessories (power supply and remote VFO) come in different colors
though they are virtually the same electrically.

> 73,
> Steve G3TXQ

And then what about the dot color in the logo? Is it officially Tentec
if its not orange?

73, Jerry, K0CQ