[TenTec] Looking for Model 3402 or 3403 Broadband Vee antennas (sold in

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Looking for Model 3402 or 3403 Broadband Vee antennas (sold in the past by Ten-Tec)
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:46:20 -0700
I am working up low band antennas for our local Field Day and have
settled on several of these broadband VEE antennas considering our site
location at the shore San Franciso Bay with a wide flat expanse (no
trees) facing North, East, and South. Problem is they are no longer sold
by Ten Tec (any connection to Doug Smith leaving TT?).

If I can't locate a used one(s) for our Field Day activities I am
willing to fabricate them. I know the transformer is a 50-800 ohm one
(no specifics beyond that) and that the terminating resistors are shown
as approximately 400 ohms (is this value varied according to soil
conductivity, angle of wires, etc.?... and what wattage would I use for
100 watt transmitters.) I have written TT regarding the transformer and
terminators but doubt they are available as replacement parts.

Anyone have one for sale or loan?

73,

Jerry, KG6TT

--