[TenTec] ORION II v. K3 flexibility (not that kind)

To: Tentec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION II v. K3 flexibility (not that kind)
From: Dave <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:09:00 -0500
Not to be redundant between reflectors, but this is my issue:

Two great radios. Two right handed great radios. Two great radios whose
developers  paid little or no inclusion to left handed people.
 I'd suggest that doing more than a software change that a handful of people
might want because of their particular activity that we look into real, not
virtual, moveable front panels. Imagine taking a main tuning module and placing
it towards the left. Take those archaic plugs for the mic, headphones and key
and get them away from that all important left side control position. Put them
out of the way at the bottom right hand corner. Individual 6 pin modules with
concentric knobs  could be placed in a matrix on the front panel, and software
could be the tool to activate that position as a user selected control function
position (a USCFP).
 Two great radios that I wouldn't trade for the... unless these were made in
left handed models.
73 de Dave K1OPQ