Re: [TenTec] TT Centurion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Centurion
From: Richard Detweiler <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:58:50 -0500

If they haven't been turned on the in the last month or so,  let them run for
an hour or so per month of storage time.

The tubes should have a date code on them, that might give you an idea of how
long to run the filaments.
Best WishesRichardK5SF> From: n4vv@comcast.net> To: tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:29:56 -0400> Subject: [TenTec] TT Centurion> > GE,> I
have a new matched pair of 3-500Z tubes that I am going to install in my TT
Centurion. Was wondering if it is necessary to run the tubes (filaments only)
for a while with no HV. If so for how long?> One other question. I am driving
the Centurion with an Omni VI, when operating sometimes the receive does not
return & have to key the Omni to recover the receive. I see the output relay in
the Centurion it has a black cover over it. How do you remove the cover so I
can clean the relay contacts. When operating the Omni barefoot, no problem with
the receive.> > Thanks,> > Doyle/N4VV>