Re: [TenTec] OmniVI Plus Over Drive Amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OmniVI Plus Over Drive Amp
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:48:15 +0100
Hi Lee,

Like you, I'm trying to get Jim to tackle this systematically. I think
it's worth a first step of checking what power output he gets from the
amp on TUNE before the OVERDRIVE LED comes on. If the LED lights up at
only 300W out into a dummy load there's a problem in the amp. I just
tried it on my set up and I was well into the red on the Hercules power
bargraph before the OVERDRIVE came on - about 500W out.

73,
Steve G3TXQ