Re: [TenTec] High Resolution for Orion 2

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] High Resolution for Orion 2
From: Rick Williams <ve7asr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:21:28 -0700 (PDT)
Grant since the upcoming High-Resolution sweep won't include the Orion (565) I
am assembling the pieces (buffer amp and external sound card) to extract the 9
MHz IF from the Orion and use the LP-PAN.  I have also been working with Larry
(N8LP) to modify the basic LP-PAN for the Orion's 9 MHz IF.  His simulation
suggests the changes should be minimal (some fixed capacitors and of course a
different crystal).

He's pretty busy right now with Dayton orders for his equipment so I'm not sure
when my special order will be filled.  I'll keep the reflector posted.

73,
Rick
VE7TK