Re: [TenTec] OT SWR VS Power Loss

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT SWR VS Power Loss
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
-----I think the antenna gets extended into the tuner's output parts that
provide the reactance (when the tuner is at the antenna) to achieve
resonance. And when that resonant Q is more than 1, there can be greater
current circulating in the antenna than would be if it wasn't resonated
by the tuner and so there can be a greater signal strength at a
distance. -------

I put coils on the ends of a antenna  I found I could shift resonance by
stretching out the coil and stopped with about 2 inches between turns.  All so
the coils needed about 3 feet of wire on ends to make it play.  The 3 foot on
the ends still hold true on some antenna designs today.

What you guys are explaining how it works, I got to play and saw how things
change.  It has been more than 35 years since I messed with things.  Sure nice
to get feed back on what I had missed.

Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD