Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help me Decide ??
From: "Wayne Whitman" <wwhitman@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 05:11:06 -0500
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:49:47 -1000, "Ken Brown"
<ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net> said:
> I'm casting my vote for the Omni VI. I'd go for a version 3 or a +. I
> know there is a microprocessor or two inside it, yet when I operate it,
> it does not remind me that it is a computer. It acts like a radio, and I
> operate it like a radio.

Agreed.  I currently have the Orion II and the Omni VII, and used to own
the Omni VI+
When you throw price into consideration, the Omni VI+ wins for me too,
if you are
buying a used rig.  If you have more than one costs, spend the
difference on antennas.
It's a great radio and if you add an Inrad roofing filter for cw, it's
blocking is
slightly better than the Orion I.
73,
Wayne