[TenTec] W8KEB

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] W8KEB
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:59:34 -0400
Ken,  W8KEB,  passed away last December 23rd as I recall.  Ken did not have a
store,  but enjoyed ham radio very much.  He loved Ten Tec radios and used them
for many years.

I had a daily sched with Ken up to the last several months before his passing,
 and considered him a good friend.

Ken fought a battle with pulmonary hypertension for a number of years,  and I
always admired his strength of character to keep on going under difficult
circumstances with his health.  Ken was a real trooper.  IF you went to Ten Tec
hamfests you always saw Ken who always had his oxygen hose hooked up,
sometimes he pulled a tank behind him and sometimes he carried it over his
shoulder.   He was very proud of his 100% attendance record at the Ten Tec
hamfests.

I miss our daily chats very much.

Toby  W4CAK