[TenTec] Corsair II S meter calibration

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II S meter calibration
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:31:36 +0100
Thought you might be interested in another fault I found today on my new
"bargain" Corsair.

Symptoms were that I set the S meter to read S9 on a 50uV signal, but if
I then increased it by 20dB the S meter went up to S9+40. Tracked the
problem down to one of the three PIN diodes that control the gain of the
IF strip. Its cathode had never been soldered to ground, so the AGC
voltage had to be higher than it should have been for a particular level
of signal.

That makes two faults on this board that must have been there from new!

73,
Steve G3TXQ